Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tat's a Bag!

Mom made this bag for me a few years ago.  It is very neat but I had a hard time finding a good use for it until recently... 


Then I realized it would make a great bag for my tatting stuff.  I can keep patterns. hooks and a big ball of thread in the middle and keep several shuttles and a pair of fold-up scissors in pockets around the edge.  Keeping the shuttles separated helps me carry around a couple projects ('cause I like variety) at the same time without getting all that thread wadded up in a big knot.  It is easy to just pull the bag open and start tatting anywhere - I tat a lot in the car waiting... the funny thing is that now that I WANT to wait - NOBODY KEEPS ME WAITING!



It would be great if it was a little bit bigger.  So, when this one is getting worn out (or before if I know me) I am going to use it to make a pattern and just make the bottom a little larger and the sides a little taller - so I guess simply put - I'll cut out a bigger circle.  I keep thinking about it because I saw such fun fabrics on a website called Sew Mama Sew and I want to give it a try.

No comments: