Sunday, March 22, 2009

Taco Bell Tatters



Today I tatted...at Taco Bell...in the parking lot.

The cupboards were bare around here so Groovy Girl, Baby Doll, Boy and I headed to the grocery store, but somewhere between here and there I got HUNGRY and so did they so we went through the Taco Bell drive thru (Baby Doll had fallen asleep).  We parked in the lot to eat.  Apparently I was the hungriest because I finished first (yeah me!).  So I wiped off my cheesy fingers and got out my tatting and while having a visit with the kids about ants and swimming pools I finished three rings and a chain!  I take my tatting with me EVERYWHERE just in case I finish first (yeah me!).

I marked my tatting shuttles in 1/8" increments so my picots would be more uniform.  It is so handy and it has really helped me speed up a bit.  I don't understand why they don't come that way.  I found ultra fine sharpies that click open and shut like a pen.  I haven't had any problem with the ink coming off on my thread yet.  Perhaps I could sell my own line of marked shuttles!  It's less extreme than tattooing dots on your finger (true story). 

Groovy Girl didn't get to finish her quilt today because her mama boofed the binding.  I told her I would have it ready and waiting after school tomorrow.  I'm wondering if she is going to want to make something else after this.  I guess I will know soon 'cause Groovy Girl ain't shy!

No comments: