Monday, May 4, 2009

Workbasket Bag

I was just thinking last night about a different bag - can't really explain WHY I keep thinking BAG, BAG, BAG - probably stems from me needing to keep my hands busy. That's a life-long thing, I always need a book or a project with me or I feel... odd.

Anyway, I think this would be a good bag for hand sewing as well as tatting. It is probably redundant to explain the bag, because the quality sketches I have provided say it all... but here's the deal, the sides and bottom would have a soft reinforcement such as fusible fleece to hold their shape, the bag would be fully lined and the gathered top would open far enough to hang down the outside when in use (pic 2 below) so the bag would seem like a workbasket. And I don't even want to know that you can probably buy this very bag, today, at JoAnn's or Walmart or from a little kid on the corner with a bag stand. Don't rain on my parade! Because at this moment I am a brilliant, creative, designer, with poor sketching skills, but possessing a laser-like vision that will some day see this bag take shape in three dimensions.

Oh, and I WON'T make the bag in white, because I have my finger on the pulse of the people and the people want COLOR, lots of it! So do I, so I will have to post again soon because this entry is low in pretty and zero on color.

No comments: