Monday, May 11, 2009

Good Times - Then and Now


This is a picture of me and my mom ... somewhere ... splashing in a stream. I kind of remember being afraid of the water and rocks (Mom probably didn't originally plan to be sitting there in a dress is my guess), and the water being REALLY cold. Good times then...

Good times now is playing around in Adobe to make this frame from the following picture:



I would love to get a pretty picture of a spiderweb some time - this isn't it, but I thought it would give me some practice. The web had been beaten up by the wind and the angle I had to take the picture at shows our back door in the background. Not exactly a dewey web in a bucolic meadow... but good for playing with because of the web's pattern.

When I get a new program, I like to just play with it. See what each tool does and really mess around with it while I have the time because once you have a project that you need it for, you usually end up too short on time to figure out something new. If you don't like what you see, then you simply don't save it - no loss. The trick with Adobe is learning to use the layers. You can do really cool stuff then. My frame has about 7 layers which I rotated. I also changed the hue and saturation as well as lighting to change the look of the web. It needs a little more fine tuning, but hey I'm just goofing here and I think it actually turned out pretty well. To me goofing is a fun way to learn and you never know what you might end up with!

No comments: