Saturday, April 4, 2009

Irreconcilable Differences


I was SO happy when I took this photo!  Making bias tape with this gadget is so much fun!  (no, I'm not as old as I sound)  I just love gadgets and if they work...well just PINCH me!  Little did I know, this lovely bias tape would contribute to my bag's downfall (cue forebodeing music)...


Another photo, another gadget.  I don't know what this thing is called but it is dandy for pulling cords through casings.  Safety pins step aside!  There's a new sheriff in town!  I've had this for a while and I no longer fear elastic...enough said.  So you see one section of my gorgeous bias tape.  I would go on to add three more sections, but that would ultimately prove to be four too many sections...

Bring up the music and let's go in for a close-up...


It turned out pretty right?  I like the contrast of the bias tape I had so much fun making and the satin cord is so pretty and matches PERFECTLY.  So what's my problem...where do I start?

I wanted a big bag and that is what I got, but TOO big this time!  The other problems involve my lovely, backstabbing bias tape.  The tape is a little too narrow and so it is VERY hard to pull the bag closed, although my biceps are getting toned.  Also, I did not account for the fact that adding the bias tape put two more layers of fabric on the bag which would be gathered when the bag is closed...and as a result...the bag DOESN'T close completely!  

I tried to get past these flaws, I even loaded up my stuff and... sure it fit nicely... and I LOVE that inside floral pattern...



but in the end our differences proved to be too much to overcome.  Lucky for me, Groovy Girl admires different qualities in her bags and really liked this one.  So I wish them well and am still dreaming of finding/making that perfect tat bag...to be continued.

No comments: