Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pleasure to Meet You!


Baby Doll met knitting today.
She was swinging and I was knitting.
Suddenly she was on my lap and I was still knitting.
"Would you like to try a stitch?"
I was shocked when my question was answered
with an enthusiastic YES.

"Let's pretend you are making cupcakes,
Reach into the oven,
Grab the cupcakes,
Bring them out,
Close the oven door."

Who knows if this is the beginning of
a beautiful friendship,
a mere acquaintance,
or just a nod at a passing stranger.

All I know is that it was a pleasure
to introduce my daughter
to a good friend of mine. 

3 comments:

Fox said...

How wonderful... And beautifully expressed! : ))

sewmuchfun4 said...

Thanks Fox! It really made my day. She's been at it off and on all afternoon. The question is will she pick it up again after a night's sleep...

:) Ann

Madtatter80 said...

Yes she is on her way and what fun you must have had!